Ever since I lost 30 pounds, friends, family, and fellow tumblrs have been asking what I eat. Well here it is!!!
I have kept track of the food I usually eat in a day to share with you. I want people to understand just how much food I eat! And yet I still lost 30 pounds and am maintaining a happy weight without any exercise at all (I just started heated yoga 2 weeks ago)
I follow the 80/10/10 lifestyle (80% of my calories comes from carbohydrates, 10% from protein, 10% from fat). I am not fully raw, but I am striving to be raw until 4pm.
I get over 500 grams of carbohydrates a day, and let me tell you, I have been feeling more energetic and healthy than ever. I used to be terrified of carbs, and I also used to binge 1-2 times a day, and I HAD to have at least 1 candy bar each day. But once I started eating enough carbs, every single craving vanished and I stopped binging. I no longer care for all of my past food vices like chocolate, cake, cookies, cheese, etc.
Here are some of my main tips:
- eat PLENTY of carbs (see how I are 500g of carbs?)
- eat as much fruit as you can for breakfast
- hydrate as soon as you wake up (to make this more appealing to me, I drink homemade unsweetened iced tea that I made the night before)
- dont eat fruit after you eat any cooked foods (this will cause fermentation, which equals gas! and improper digestion)
- don’t use any added oils or salts, if you must, use very very sparingly
- if you juice, treat your juice as a beverage and not a meal
- don’t count or restrict calories. not all calories are created equal. as you can see my net calories for the day was about 2,000 (keep in mind I am a 5’3” female) so according to popular belief, I would be gaining 1 pound per week, but instead I am maintaining/slightly losing weight.
- If you have cravings, are tempted to binge, or are just down right crabby, you are UNDER CARBED!!! eat some straight up carbs as soon as you can
- pizza, cake, cookies, are not cabrs… they are fat!!!
- the fat you eat is the fat you keep
- straight up carbs literally cannot make you fat (unless you are consuming fat along with it…) (I ate 6 cups of white rice today… and pretty much every day… am I fat? nope)
- stop worrying about protein (see how I easily got my daily recommended intake of protein with eating just fruit and rice!.. also some lentils, but they only had 12 g of protein)
- know that you can do this too! I was miserable and lost when it came to food. I was struggling to lose all this extra weight I gained in college, and nothing was working. Then, I was convinced to go vegan by Freelea, and sure it was a slow transition, but it was well worth it in the end (and i am even still transitioning! I havent make that leap of faith with alcohol or my wardrobe yet, but I am working towards it! and that’s perfectly ok!)
and the number 1 tip:
So please ask me any questions you may have!! I am more than happy to clarify or elaborate.
ps: i’m checking out everyone’s blog who likes this post to possibly follow, and I will follow everyone who reblogs this post and/or follows me in the next 5 hours!!
What I Ate Wednesday: A Day In the Life of a High-Carb Vegan
From my new vegan blog, take a look and follow if you like it :)